Sunday, October 28, 2007

Welcome to the 30s!!!

Yep, I turned the big 30 today....I'm still in shock. My parents and sister came in town to help celebrate, but actually my sweet husband had planned a surprise get-away for us. We spent Saturday at the Biltmore House and then spent the night at a cute B&B in Asheville called Chestnut Street Inn...we highly recommend it! Believe it or not this was the first time I've left Abby for that long (only 26 hours!). It was wonderful to have some time just with Stephen and very relaxing. We had visited the Biltmore during our college years at PC, but I certainly appreciated seeing it more now that I'm an "adult" and own a home and enjoy gardening. Of course our home is not quite as big and neither is our yard!!! Their mums were gorgeous and they had started decorating all the rooms for Christmas already which got me in the holiday mood! Anyway, here are a few pics from our fun trip!! My family decorated the dining room and Malana had a yummy cake for me when we returned. It was a fun weekend--a great way to say farewell to my 20s and begin a new decade! So I am 30...I am embracing it...and I am truly looking forward to all the adventures that my 30s will bring!




4 comments:

George said...

Happy Birthday.

The Anderson Family said...

Happy Birthday to you! Glad you had a good time :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun. Happy Birthday!