Wednesday, January 21, 2009

6 weeks old!

People have told me time flies by with the 2nd child even faster than the 1st one. That is so true! McAlister is already 6 weeks old and smiling like such a big boy! And he's definitely getting bigger. He was 8lbs 14ozs last week, so he's probably over 9lbs now. Abby continues to be so nurturing with him...it's really very cute to watch him smile at her. I'm sure she'll be the one to bring about the first giggle from him. I look at both of them and thank God for the miracle of life and for allowing us to participate in His creation. What a privilege to serve as parents. This weekend we plan to attend a parenting conference at our church. I can't wait to be encouraged and challenged about the intentionality of our parenting. Maybe I'll have some blogworthy aha moments to share!





1 comment:

Brandi said...

So Sweet! We are going to the conference too! I'm excited!!!! I thanked God for my first child but when the second came for some reason I intentionally focused on what a miracle having 2 kids is. I think it also helps me keep my sanity. =) Have a great day!