Friday, September 5, 2008

1st day of "school"

Big day this past week! Abby started her little one morning a week "school" experience. We've read books about school and she met her teacher last week so she was all ready. Lunch packed, everything labeled about her milk allergy!, wearing big girl panties, the works!

Mommy, on the other hand, was not ready. I cried all the way home. Chalk it up to pregnancy hormones maybe, but truthfully it hit me that she is growing up and she will have experiences away from me. Thankfully the message at church this past Sunday was perfect in reminding me of this truth: I don't ever leave her alone anywhere because God is always with her. He loves her even more than I do or can. This gives me great peace.

Picture before leaving, new lunchbag in hand

Abby & Abby waiting for us sentimental parents to let them inside!

Classroom door...I just couldn't resist

Abby settling right in to playing with the kitchen stuff

No comments: