Monday, September 22, 2008

Lake Lure mini-trip

We had a really fun one night trip to Lake Lure with my parents this weekend. Lovely cool fall weather, a pontoon boat ride tour of some swanky homes, way too much yummy food, and an adventurous Abby made for a great time. Lake Lure is so convenient to Greenville...if only we won the lottery and could afford a vacation home there!

Dirty Dancing movie portions filmed right in this cove...in the middle are the steps she carried the watermelon down...everything else has since burned down.

The best family pic we could get...enjoy the beautiful river scenery if you can keep from being distracted by my large belly!


The wartiest pumpkin I've ever seen!

5 comments:

The Anderson Family said...

Fun! We'll have to have some more pontoon adventures on Lake Murray!

Lauren said...

Cute belly, I love it!

Betsy said...

i'm glad you had a great trip. and i apologize for calling you on saturday night and stephen on sunday morning. i totally forgot that you were at the lake!

The Nicholsons said...

Well, hello Joneses! Congrats on number two, I hope Abby is getting ready to share the love.

I had no idea Dirty Dancing was filmed in N.C. - I'm a little upset you didn't make Abby walk down those steps carrying a watermelon for at least one picture!!

Anne said...

Such an adorable family! Bradley and I had no idea you were expecting - guess we run into y'all around Grace in a while. :) We're teaching 4k now and found your blog from the McGowans' - we'll have to add you to our blog roll. Congrats and keep the cute pics coming!!