Monday, June 30, 2008

Happy 8 Year Anny!



That's right...8 years tomorrow!! (We were excited about getting married in the year 2000 so we'd have no excuse to forget how many years have gone by since it's whatever year it is!) I can't believe it has been 8 years already though. This is going to sound corny...the time has flown by, but the love has not blown by. It's amazing how marriage allows such a perfect unity, a unique bond that no one else shares. We talk about sometimes how we thought we really loved each other on our wedding day...but it in no way compares to how we feel now. And we know who gets the credit for all of this. I'm so thankful that God is the center of our marriage. It is God that brought us together and God that helps us maintain our vows. The verse on our invitations was Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." And I'd say Amen! I feel very blessed with the desires of my heart at this point in my life. Thank you Stephen for loving me the best you can. I love you!



So honestly...do we look too much older now? I'd like to think I look pretty much the same...except for a few stray gray hairs now!!

7 comments:

The Anderson Family said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! :) Congrats!

The Steeles said...

Yay! You guys are so cute. You do not look older at all. You still look like the Taryn I know from high school! Isn't marriage amazing? God is so good. We have so much in common with you guys. I really wish we could hang out sometime.

Anonymous said...

No, you do not look one day older. I would've believed it was taken yesterday except that Stephen looked so darn young in that picture! Congrats on 8 happy years!!

Rebekah said...

congrats! It was a beautiful day. Ashley and I were going through some old pictures (from our pre-digital years) and found some pics of your wedding weekend. Fun and happy times. hope you had a great anniversary!

Bre said...

Congrats to you guys...I hope that Mike and I can follow in your example. You are wonderful friends and I feel very blessed to say that.

Kathryn said...

Congratulations! I love the photos. We are looking forward to 8 years in November.

The Carsons said...

Finally getting caught up...happy belated anniv! I truly thought y'all looked EXACTLY the same as you initial wedding pic!